Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Maligayang Pasko!

Maraming salamat to all the emails lending support and love after my not so cheerful posts. It's truly meant a great deal to me. I'm doing much better. Just been going through the days doing what I can and getting rest and good food in me. It's starting to ebb. My "Finding Nemo" DVD tells me to "just keep swimming" and I am.

Hanging out with the siblings this eve. Called our parents in the Philippines. The Philippines is full of parties this time of year. My mother tells me that they will be celebrating my birthday there on Saturday...without me there! What is that?!? What Filipinos will do to have an excuse to party! I told them to have a drink and slice of cake on me. They still celebrate my uncle's birthday on Jan 2 like it's a holiday. Based on my count, they've killed two pigs thus far. They had the Mr. & Mrs. party the other night and tonight they have the kid's party in the barrio. My parents were worried we wouldn't be able to get through to them cuz the lines are so busy with balikbayan calls home.

Sent a few text messages to friends in the Philippines and was online sending IM messages to relatives in San Diego and elsewhere. Technology is truly amazing.

Hope you enjoy the holidays surrounded by the people you love.

No comments: