Saturday, March 22, 2003

it's good to be home. It was fun having a week away from the office. But I like home with all the dirty laundry, chores, and stuff. I'm working on a Blues song. Haven't been able to write much lately. Been more observing. Reading Thomas Fink and Arthur Sze poetry for inspiration right now. I've wanted to write a poem about war. But am too blocked there. Then again, that might not be such a bad thing either.

But then I thought, why not write a blues song with that basic lick. So here it goes....

do-do-do-DO-don....I woke up this mornin' do-do-do-DO-don..flipped the tv to cnn...do-do-do-DO-don...thought my eyes were deceivin' me, but we're doing it all again! I've got the bombs in Baghdad, the bombs in Baghdad blues.....we got a president on the warpath, what are we to dooooooooo.....

do-do-do-DO-don....they say it's about freedom...do-do-do-DO-don....ours and the iraqis...do-do-do-DO-don... they say it's about weapons, but are they ours or the iraqis...I've got the bombs in Baghdad, the bombs in Baghdad bluuuuuuesss....are we for peace or for the troops, why do we have to chooooooooose?

do-do-do-DO-don...millions march into the streets...do-do-do-DO-don...light a candle and say prayer...do-do-do-DO-don...thinking about the people dying is as much as my soul can bear...I've got the bombs in Baghdad, the bombs in Baghdad bluuuees.....if this is a democracy, why aren't our leaders listening to our shooooeeeessss?

do-do-do-DO-don....they tell us to buy duct tape...do-do-do-DO-don...and plastic wrap too...do-do-do-DO-don...if the world was coming to an end, what will duct tape and plastic really do? I've got the bombs in Baghdad, the bombs in Baghdad bluuuesss....they want me to live in fear so that I will do what they tell me toooooo....

do-do-do-DO-don....turned on the computer...do-do-do-DO-don....searched for all the sites...do-do-do-DO-don....i just want reporting that is just, honest and right...I've got the bombs in Baghdad, the bombs in Baghdad bluuuueesss....how can 20 different channels bring me the same exact news?

do-do-do-DO-don...bombs and oil prices have dropped...do-do-do-DO-don...stock market is sky high...do-do-do-DO-don....how can economic recovery be related to how many people die? I've got the bombs in Baghdad, the bombs in Baghdad blues....let me get out and walk instead of driving my Isuzuuuu,,,,,

oh yeah, I've got the bombs in Baghdad, the bombs in Baghdad blues......

No comments: