Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Down for Adobo: ya'll are making me hungry

I'm down for helping organize a real time offline adobo poetry love fest. My condo has a nice rec hall complete with kitchen. All this talk of Adobo is making me hungry. And yes, Eileen, after January 16 is probably best.

Anyway, I don't believe there are any restrictions on the kind of meat or non-meat in adobo. I had heard once this fancy restaurant in NYC had rabbit adobo, but I can't confirm if anyone has eaten said dish.

Al Robles used to teach a poetry class in Oakland while people cooked, an exploration of the talk story that tends to occur around the preparation and eating of a meal. Some very delicious dishes (food and poetry) came out of those classes.

Filipinos for Affirmative Action had a Filipino cook-off fundraiser for a while. They had categories for Main Dish, Dessert, and Adobo.

No comments: