Tuesday, December 16, 2003

What I've been dreaming about the past few weeks

I felt the ridges of my face. Lines, deep, converging at the drop's tip of my eyes. streaks of bold white stripe my long black hair.

The cars are all mangled as if there was a derby. My own car is crushed and torn, i discover the bumper on the other side of the garage, the passenger's door still attached to the right front and rear tires, but nothing else. I fall to one knee, hold my head with one hand and cry.

I met someone's mother today. A matriarch of a woman who I'm sure has a cherubic charm, but now looks at me with inquisitive sterness. I break her gaze, look into my teacup and sip.

The ants march over my barefeet in aligned columns. They are red, sparkle in the light...my skin tingles as if falling asleep or perhaps as their bites penetrate...i do not know which. For some reason I am not afraid and simply watch them march up and over the arch of my foot and up my leg.

Only for the dream to end.

No comments: