Thursday, January 08, 2004

Humming along

Alright! Leny's got the Magic Mic Karaoke system! whoo-hoo! My parents have that. I borrowed it over the winter break while they were in the Philippines. It was so addicting with the score and canned applause at the end of each song!

Hey Leny, which Mic do you have? Is it black, gold or silver? There are several places in Vallejo that carry the Tagalog song chip for the models. Cost is about $150-$200 I think for each chip. But you get 1000 songs! Next thing you'll know you'll be crooning Freddie Aguilar's Anak and weeping after a Sharon Cuneta song.

So, for two weeks I would come home and just to kind of kick it, plug the mic in and sing whatever random song came up. There was something really relaxing about just singing and not just in the shower. Even Playstation 2 has a Karaoke video game that requires you to win applause from the crowd to get to the next level. OK, maybe my ego isn't ready for that kind of singing.

Anyway, I found the odd side effect to singing Karaoke. You start to sing along to the store music. I'm walking in Wal-Mart and Elton John's Daniel is playing, the non-lyrics synthetic canned version to croon shoppers to shop more. I start to sing the words to the song, now that I actually know the words. I catch myself singing, make sure I'm not singing too too loud, then continue to sing my private karaoke to the buzzing speakers overhead. No applause, no scoring. After the song, the speaker squawked that papertowels were on sale in aisle 27.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Song chips for Cost is about $150-$200? I think that costs a lot for a song chip. I just saw tagalog song chips at webbyshop.com for only at half the price... that's way cheaper compare to $150...