Monday, March 01, 2004

Questions and comments asked about the taho trip

Ver asks a few things.

Q) the all important, was I wearing a hat?
A) I wore a green head scarf that kept my hair back better. It looks like a really wide sweatband across your head. The Watcher said it made us look like Mike Bibby. I think we're cuter than Mike Bibby. Along with the green scarf, my outfit consisted of a white turtleneck, and green/black Henley Hansen jacket, white snow gloves, and snow bib that was baggy when I was in high school, but now is quite snug.

Q) Would I do it again?
A) absofreakinglutely! I think I'm hooked onto snowboarding. It fits me. I like the idea of being able to ride down the hill no matter which way you're facing. I was walking around work today thinking about how my body should lean to turn different directions. I've always liked board type stuff like skateboarding and push scooters. I guess the next board thing I should try is surfing, but that seems kind of scary.

My friend said that when she watched me go down the learning hill, I managed to hit a stance that looked like I knew what I was doing. I think I remember what she means. I actually remember almost seeing myself go down the hill as if I was another person watching me. Besides, I like to sit on the hill and look at the view. The next snow thing I'd like to try is cross country skiing. I think I can handle that.

The SO would like to go snowmobiling which we saw at the Tahoe municipal golf course. And he doesn't want to share his snowmobile either.

C)"Leaning like you have no butt"
A) Has something to do with balance and center of gravity. Like you have to keep your torso vertical over the board, while your weight shifts over each of the feet left and right, and front and back, while keeping your back straight. It was like a bad 3 dimensional game of Twister. Leaning like you have no butt is supposed to drive your toes forward and gets the weight off your heels which is supposed to turn you or slow you down or so they say. All of it seems to defy gravity in strange ways.

C) Chatty said to spike the hot chocolate
A) dang, forgot. but I did bring the really good godiva hot chocolate stuff and soy milk for our lactose intolerant selves.

C)Snow suits with lapels
A) saw that at the lodge. Quite stylish. Skiers tended to have the tighter form fitting outfits, while many of the boarders had that baggy sk8rboi look.

No comments: