Wednesday, July 06, 2005

making a list and checking it way too many times

Sent off some of the invitations. Already found one that we sent that got sent to the wrong address. I guess it was bound to happen. We'll see how many other's bounce back. Good thing we have extras. Oh, how we "talk" every day online and leave messages on mobile phones, how little we know about where people live, much less their addresses.

Though I do know most of the list, since they're my family, I am becoming intimately involved with this list and am looking forward to meeting the people I don't know. Actually, I may have met them already, but now I know their names. I usually don't remember a name when I hear it, but I certainly remember names when I read them, which is why I loved year books, it was the easiest way for me to remember names. And since my memory is very physical, handwriting their names is also engraving it into my memory. I realize that typing out a name doesn't give me as strong of an imprint.

But what I'm really looking forward to are those little RSVP cards.

No comments: