Thursday, September 01, 2005

here we go

Big big weekend. All our weekends and even free weekday evenings are getting filled. Tomorrow: day off, pick up marriage license, speak with the pastor (I goofed on Wednesday and for whatever reason thought we were scheduled for the evening instead of 9am in the morning.), food tasting at the hotel, then off to LA where Sunday I have my final fitting for the gown. And no I haven't done any dieting to fit into this dress, but I don't think I've gained any weight either (at least I hope not!)

Today I called up the bakery to tell them the hotel can't receive the cake til 5:30, but then the bakery is having problems delivering at that time too. I'm not exactly sure what they want me to do about this. I'm not sure if I can do anything at all really. Oh, and they can't find the cake topper that we originally wanted. No one seems to have it. Time to search the internet.

Found an alternate makeup artist who is available that day. Have another trial makeup session with her next week. Then speak with the musicians for the wedding on Friday next week. Next weekend hopefully the last piece of the favors will be delivered and we can start putting those together.

In the meantime, our guests are scrambling to get their RSVPs in. The deadline was yesterday, but we're not going to be sticklers on that. That's why we picked the date relatively early so there'd be time to pick up the stragglers. Plus there's a website for people who lost their invites to RSVP as well. So, I'm not worried. Stressing over people's RSVPs is something I decided I wouldn't get stressed over nor worry about.

In the end, I'm sure things will work out for the best.

37 days to go...

No comments: