Thursday, July 06, 2006

up and down and around

Got a message on my phone from the building manager, "The garage got broken into last night and your car got broken into."

This was not the first time that the garage has been broken into. But it's the first time they decided to pick my car. Most of the time they pass on my car, since it's old and not much of anything in it, much less a working radio. Luckily enough they didn't break any of the windows and rifled through the glove compartment, which I only have a bunch of junk. I'd been saying I should empty out that glove compartment and never got around to it.

One of my neighbors wasn't so lucky. Their stereo was gone.

Fortunately they got the folks on video tape and maybe a print or two off the cars. Let me tell you, the fingerprint guy didn't get here til 9pm and this all happened at 3am. It ain't like CSI.

No comments: