Thursday, January 11, 2007

a page, a home, a book

My publisher, Meritage Press, has just posted their book/author page for Kali's Blade. It has yet to hit the top google searches for the book, but it's still new.

The interesting thing about having this book out is this small lingering nervousness that people are actually buying and reading it. Not alot just a tiny bit. I know I really do have to try to let it go as this book now has a life of its own and while I work on doing some poetry readings this year for it, this is about me and not about me, it is simply the work. But this is not the first time I've felt this way about my work, it's happened every time there was a first in my writing: the first time anyone other than me read my work, the first time I did a poetry reading, etc, etc. And I've often been surprised by the life my writing has taken, the reactions I get from people. And I hope I continue to be surprised rather than assuming or presuming how people should/could/might react or not at all. We'll just have to wait and see what kind of life "Kali's Blade" has, but at least it has a home.

Because being able to look at the world and seeing that every little thing that comes to your life is simply gravy allows you to retain awe and wonder. And makes you grateful for the life you have.

No comments: