Monday, June 25, 2007

saturday/sunday something

A friend was having a surprise birthday party. I thought it was Sunday, but it wasn't, it was on Saturday, but managed to say hello anyway. It was a bit of a comedy of errors. Silly silly me. In any case, we got Alameda's famous Tucker's supercreamed Macapuno ice cream, oh yeah!

You know, and we actually had Saturday free. We went to the Farmer's Market. Came home and napped and napped. Then I spent the evening rearranging the office and clearing it out. Then as a reward went to Kansai (which the hubby blogged about) and where I got the idea for what the Coming Full Circle II essay will be about.

I've been struggling with what this essay, a "follow-up" to the writing in the first Coming Full Circle over 12 years ago. I must have 5-6 different intros and outlines written out. Where to begin? What to say? Where am I now exactly? Then listening to the sushi chef speak about fusion cuisine, it came to me, and the message was confirmed this morning in Kali class. Actually, it's a message that has been repeating itself for some time, and I'm just now grasping it enough to bring it to paper. So what does a Japanese sushi chef have anything to do with Filipino identity? You'll just have to read the book to find out.

No comments: