Monday, January 14, 2008

feeling good

Tuhan taught a kali seminar on Saturday on staff. It was a fun time!

The higher up in rank and skill level I go, the more I find myself sparring at seminar, which I enjoy. I don't get a chance to always push myself during my regular class. And I find seminar a nice time for me to relax, if going against 3 guys with a weapon you haven't played with in a while is your idea of relaxing. hehe

When the Kali is good, it is golden. It's just about the easiest thing you feel your body do. Almost like a free fall. When you are where you need to be and your timing is on, it's as if time slows down. There is a time and a space for everything. The lucidity too is amazing. I don't know how I knew he was going to be there, but I was there when he was. And there and there and there.

A couple of guys videotaped the class and I'm hoping to check out the footage to see how I've changed. The last video of myself on youtube is from 5 years ago. Alot of people like the video, but it's rather slow and I can tell I'm not as strong nor as exacting as I think I am now.

No comments: