Wednesday, September 29, 2004

paper

i'm a bit of a paper fetish. I'll talk lustre, weight and texture with the best of them. The Merriam Webster dictionary has this for one of its fetish definitions, "an object (as a small stone carving of an animal) believed to have magical power to protect or aid its owner; broadly : a material object regarded with superstitious or extravagant trust or reverence." Sounds like anting-anting to me. Explains the power of paper.

I am enjoying checking out different wedding invitation styles and have ordered a few samples. After a while, alot of the invitations look the same. But I did find a place that let's you mix and match and another place that has seed paper, that you plant in light soil to grow flowers. I especially like the idea of the paper returning to the earth. Very cool!

No comments: