Saturday, May 21, 2005

Tapos na! Sith Happens...

OK contributed to the record breaking sales of Revenge of the Sith (otherwise known as ROTS). eh, it's done, I watched it. More entertaining than the first two (I & 2), and maybe in 20 years I'll be as nostalgic for this movie as the other three (4,5 & 6). maybe...

Anyway, did have fun attending with Sister Mary Thesis and Rona and crew. Afterwards ate at the super yummy Dara Lao, Laotian/Thai cuisine in Berkeley. The fish in the young coconut, where you scrape the buko from the sides...mmmmmm.

Watching Star Wars: a new hope right now. I apologize to Mark Hamill for thinking he was a bad actor.

I agree with Rona that Yoda is Filipino that Filipinos are all over the Star Wars series. Let's start with this list:

Episode 2 (Attack of the Clones): all those Filipinos in the background being Jedi
Episode 4 (Star Wars): Jawa jumps out and before he shoots R2D2, yells "Bulaga!"
Episode 6 (Return of the Jedi): The Ewok language was built from combining various Southest Asian languages. When C3PO rises from the bush, one of the Ewoks exclaims, "Ayun, ay maganda!"

Then of course, in Episode 2 and 3, Count Dooku's lightsaber handle styling is based on the curved kris handle.

2 comments:

Randy said...

Just got back from watching Episode 3. Overall I was pleased, and most reviews have been accurate, so I won't go there.

What I did find most insteresting was Samuel L. Jackson's portrayal of Mace Windu. It was obvious that if he did strike down Palpatine ("with great vengeance and fuuuuuuuuuuurious anger"), that he himself would have turned to the Sith and would probably have become Vader's master in Palpatine's place.

Gura said...

Did I have a good time for my money? yes
Would I excitedly go back and watch it again in the theater? probably not, I think I'll wait for DVD
best parts for me: R2D2 and Yoda and the Emperor, Darth writhing
grindingly annoying parts: Padme's last scene

I probably most agree with this review