Thursday, July 14, 2005

space and place

Trying to decide whether or not I should go lecture and demo here. I'm waiting on additional info. Initially they made it sound like it was a Filipino martial arts conference, but now it seems all turned around into being more focused around entertainment, which I could do also. It would be cool to see professional sumo and maybe get a chance to see Rex perform.

But after years of performing kali and poetry, I'm becoming pickier in terms of where and what I perform or demo. I want a good experience out of it. I want to learn something new. I want to reach out to different audiences. Especially if I have to go all the way to Los Angeles for it. But it's hard to do that if I don't know what I'm getting into: the space, the place.

We'll see.

No comments: