Monday, October 10, 2005

and lastly for now

Almost immediately, people were posting and emailing us pics of our wedding. But here are a few of my favorite pics from Jay Jao a talented photographer and kali guro. There were several photographers and videographers present on top of our hired ones. Needless to say it was a well documented wedding. And will probably have more and more links from the wedding.

Alot of people posted on the Kali blessing, which has been done at numerous weddings in the clan. I had always wanted to do it in planning the wedding, I just didn't know how to plan it into the wedding. Fortunately, Tuhan heard my wish somehow and brought it into reality. Much of my family had never seen me do Kali, though some had known about my teaching of it. But so different when you experience it.

-Tuhan explaining the game plan 5 minutes before we enter

-My veil flowed so lovely.

-I don't think the dress designer ever imagined creating these kinds of lines with the dress

-Aren't the flowers in my hair pretty?

-I almost thought my eyes looked blue here

-Doesn't this look like we're doing Flamenco? So beautiful!

And Rhett's job? To sit there and be regal of course! (It's not as easy as it looks!)

And yes I took off my heals, but if my dress train had been shorter, I might have considered keeping the heals. Maybe. And yes, I was nervous just prior and worried that not having eaten anything since breakfast and having a few glasses of champagne in the limo were going to do me in.

Thank you to Tuhan, Gura Donnalyn, Guro Marcell, Guro Neal, and Guro Jay! To my kali clan, forever and always my blood is yours.

7 comments:

profile said...

a shower of congratulations, good life, and love to both of you!

Ivy said...

You're my new hero! I'm so loving the idea of a warrior bride. :-)

Congratulations!

ver said...

Great pix, gura! You look so dang beautiful!

Anonymous said...

simply breath taking =). All my love and blessings!!!

Rona Fernandez said...

so jedi of you, michelle...the kali demo gave the wedding the final icing on the cake that made it truly a representatio of who you and rhett are. thanks for having us there. many blessings, rona

Rock said...

Congratulations, Gura! I would have loved to have been there, I am sorry I missed your big day. I was wondering how Kali would be incorporated into the ceremony, and judging by the photos, it looks like it was very dramatically (in classic Tuhan fashion) and beautifully done. Tuhan, Guro Marcel, and Guro Neal all in the same place? I really wish I was there! Best wishes to you and Rhett!

... said...

That was one of the most beautiful and ass-kicking wedding receptions I've ever been to. I feel truly blessed to have at least witnessed it.

Makes me wonder how we'd do our own ceremony (if we ever get the money and time to do it!). Congratulations to you and Rhett--you two deserve the best!