Monday, July 24, 2006

I see London, I see France

Been going through websites of Europe, British rail, Eurorail, and figuring out how to manage to be in Madrid to spend Santa Semana with my cousin, for our trip in April. They're supposed to be some wonderful Easter celebrations in Spain. Trying to figure out if it's better to fly out on a weekday, but then wanting to keep a vacation day for jet lag. 12 vacation days is the ideal, which isn't a problem for me, but will have to figure it out carefully for the hubby.

With 4-5 days a city, we won't be able to head out to the countryside, but hope to take the train from Paris to Madrid. I just found out that we have enough bonus rewards to stay in Paris for FREE! YAY! We'll probably accumulate enough bonus reward points on this trip to fund another trip.

Also cruising to find the best flights to Edmonton and will look through the desk drawers tonight for my passport so I can get it renewed.

It's been a while since I've been out of the country. My adult life so far, I've taken a trip out of the US about every three years or so and often go twice within a year's time (it just ends up that way.) The hubby asks if we can go to Japan and China some time. And we're trying to figure out how old the kids will be when we take them. You know because somewhere after Europe and before Asia, there will hopefully be kids.

A whole world to see, a whole lifetime to plan for.

No comments: