Monday, August 21, 2006

SoaP

I should have gone to the opening night of Snakes on a Plane. We went on a Sunday afternoon in the suburbs, where a movie goer two seats over from my brother told him, "I'm trying to watch the movie. I can't hear what's going on." So we tried to keep our snickering to a minimum, but no raining snakes where we were. I found it entertaining, if you didn't take it too seriously. Give it up to Samuel L Jackson and Julianna Margulies for really putting on a serious acting performance. It probably would have been more fun to watch it in the city or perhaps close to a college where the crowd might be a bit rowdier.

At the end while the credits rolled, I was thinking, "this is going to be a great drinking game." So if you're looking to watch it, I'd wait a few weeks because I'm sure the Parkway Theater will have it eventually. Now that'll be a party! (When a person gets bit by a snake, drink!)

Unlike laughable movies that were supposed to be serious, the fun aspect of watching Snakes on a Plane is the lowered expectations everyone (well, almost everyone) has going into it. It's not supposed to be a great movie, nor a serious one. Just go in and have fun, laugh, let yourself get a bit grossed out.

No comments: