Wednesday, February 14, 2007

on the special menu tonight

I was going to try to see if I could score a take out dinner from Gregoire Restaurant, but I thought of that too late and had to figure something else out. (In the end, they did have extra dinners, but I was well into plan b).

Plan B came from the SF Chronicle tips on a last minute Valentine's meal. So I headed over to Safeway to prepare this meal:

Appetizer-
Bread, smoke salmon and cheese
Spaghetti and prawns (which is actually a leftover from last night)
Entree-
Cumin Lamb Chops with Yams and Tomato-Ginger Chutney
Sauteed spinach with garlic
Dessert-
Mini-Dove bar ice cream bites of various flavors

And I'll probably open a bottle of wine, though don't know which yet.

I was hoping to make it a little bit more romantic and set up a table in the middle of the living room (as an incentive for me to clean up the living room), but my lack of planning left me without a table large enough for the both of us, even though I cleaned the living room anyway or at least tidied it up.

For decor on the table, I'll use our candles from our wedding and an orchid that's still in bloom since November.

OK, the hubby just called and he's coming home early of course! Got to get dinner ready!

No comments: