Tuesday, May 15, 2007

(just try) talking with your mouth full

I got the back braces and the lower wire installed today. My teeth no longer meet. OK, they meet at least two contact points. They're already changing my facial muscles, which I could feel down my neck. I can already feel the bottom teeth shifting.

I was chatting with a friend about it. He said he thought it was give me a softer look and certainly change my feng shui. Feng Shui, the way of wind and water, is often talked about regarding spaces (working or living spaces), but these spaces we embody are a reflection of our bodies.

The door to your home allows things in, holds things in, and lets things out. The mouth is the same, the portal into the body. I can't bring things into my life if the door is bad. I can't eat healthy food if my mouth is bad. Fresh fruits and vegetables are all more difficult to eat. They're now finding how the gums link to heart disease and diabetes.

Tomorrow I'll be achy. My teeth are getting sensitive. My jaw realigns. My teeth straighten. My doorway improves. Better opportunities enter. The door is able to keep things out. My smile changes. My look changes. This is good.

Growing up I didn't care for fashion or looks and really thought of myself as rather plain, but I also didn't take care of myself either. But now I see that it's both: the inner and the outward beauty, the building and the body. That all of this on the outside doesn't mean anything without something inside. And this inside doesn't mean anything if no one can see it.

Last year I thought I had transformed. But I couldn't even break a wooden board when I wanted to. And it showed me that although I had thought I had changed, not much had changed. I'm not sure where this is all going, but I believe in the end it's good. And I really don't know what I'm becoming, and perhaps I am simply becoming the person I always have been, and it's just now finding a way to come out.

No comments: