Saturday, September 30, 2006

cleaning up

I am 3/4 of the way through my new chores schedule system at home. Yeah, well, generally it doesn't look like too much of a dent, but there's motion to the ocean and its getting there. My body's certainly starting to feel it as I find myself more and more sensitive to changes in the household energy flow. The system requires 15 minutes of working on one of eight areas of the place. I can do more, but minimally I try to spend 15 minutes.

I tried this once before, but it didn't take. One busy weekend and gone! Out the window. So this time I set the goal to go around the chore wheel 4 times, for a total of 32 days. I had read somewhere that it takes 30 days to get a habit ingrained, so that's what I'm going for. If I end up skipping a day, I try to catch up and try not to be behind for more than 3 days, which seems to be working for me. A slowly but surely pace.

"Week" 3 was particularly hard as my body literally rebelled to the changes after two weeks on several different levels. I think the change happened on Sunday, then Tuesday I exerted too much too quickly. By Wednesday it had gone physical, I had chills and joint aches but no fever. I had energy but I was exhausted which for me is the sign of body reset. Thursday I made a turn. Friday the body is feeling real good, but I have to still kind of slow down. New batteries but not fully recharged yet.

So in reflection of my physical existence, the new template has cleaned up the side bar and I will be adding the blogs I read back in as interesting items in them come along too.

First one to bat is a new one, a blog by WETA radio show "The Intersection" reporter Wilma Consul who moved out there 7 years ago already! Whew! Time does fly! You know and even though she's in the other DC, she still manages to take us to Filipino restaurants here that we've never been too! But that's the kind of person Wilma is. Plus she's a fabulous reporter. You can listen in through links on her blog.

No comments: