Thursday, March 01, 2007

resume writing

It's been years since I last wrote a resume. I used to write my resume every year both because I kept moving up and because I wanted to keep my options open. But then I got this great job, and I never really went back to my resume, because really, why go anywhere else?

But that was a mistake. I really should go through my resume every year if only for the reason to look back to see what I've accomplished even if I'm not actively looking at job opportunities. I mean, because I haven't sat around the whole year doing nothing.

And I find, going back now, that I'm not sure how to write this up. I'm trying to write a skill basis one to reflect all the experiences that I've acquired both at work and beyond. Of course, it also demonstrates how fleeting the memory is.

I'm writing a resume now because I saw something that I might want to do eventually and I can't help but explore it to really see if it might be something. Or maybe it's something that I want to look to add into my current job.

My goal has always been to do something that I love to do. I'm fortunate to be in a job that I love and that also gives me the freedom to do what I love.

No comments: