Monday, November 12, 2007

How far are you willing to go?

So, we haven't gone out to Sushi in three weeks ever since our favorite Sushi Chef, Tomo, left Kansai, over in Oakland. And while we used to return to that spot even after several owner changes, we have not been there since he left. Alot of good staff have left and for good reason.

Fortunately, we had given Tomo our card and number. And while he waits for a new building to get built and designed, he's over in Pleasanton at Sendo Sushi, 4555 Hopyard Road. It's in a shopping strip mall in the Business park, so the place is packed at lunch but rather sparse in the evening, which is perfect for us. But I think as soon as people find out where Tomo has landed, you'll see the place fill up. The only other real dining place there is a salad buffet chain restaurant.

I know most people don't like driving far and wide for anything. Frankly, I work where I work and live where I live so I don't have to drive much. But for really good food, good people, I'll go just about anywhere. An hour's drive would be pushing it for a weekday, but 30 minutes is doable.

So if you loved the fusion sashimi dishes at Kansai, then head on over to Pleasanton.

No comments: